A century… of life
1907 Foundation of the first community in Breganze, on 6th January, Feast of Epiphany
1913 Religious clothing of Giovanna Meneghini and of the first community, with the authorization of the Bishop of Vicenza, Mons. Ferdinando Rodolfi,
1914 First Religious Profession.
1918 2nd March: Death of the Foundress.
1923 Presentation to the bishop of Vicenza of the first Constitutions’ project, from the draft that the Foundress wrote on the basis of Saint Angela Merici’s Rule.
1941 8th September: diocesan approval and establishment as Religious Congregation Ursuline Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Mary, with decree of the Bishop Mons. Ferdinando Rodolfi.
1950 25th March: with the Holy See’s approval, the institute of the Ursulines of the Sacred Heart of Mary becomes Congregation of pontifical right.
1968 Centenary from the birth and fiftieth anniversary from the death of the Foundress: her body is transferred to the Chapel of the Mother House in Breganze.
1968 – 1969 Special General Chapter: beginning of the way back to the sources, according to the Council’s indications.
1971 The Congregation receives the Decree of Praise from the Holy See.
1980 The 7th General Chapter concludes the research and the experimentation wanted by the Council, carrying out the project of the new Rule of Life
1984 The Holy See approves the new Rule and officially confirms the Congregation’s return to the primitive intuition of the Foundress.
1985 The first sisters arrive in Brasil, at Volta Redonda
1988 Second missionary foundation in Brasil, Cachoeiro de Itapemirim
1999 First missionary foundation in Africa: Mozambique, Beira
2001 Third missionary foundation in Brasil, Ribeirao das Neves
2004 Second missionary foundation in Mozambique, Gondola
2008 Our adventure in Amazonian land does start: Roraima